It’s been over two months since Gabriella at Craft Queen nominated me for the Liebster Award. I have been juggling a lot of things, so apologize for taking so long to pass this on. The Liebster Award is given out by bloggers to other bloggers, the main goal being recognition of new/up-and-coming blogs and a warm, fuzzy welcome to blogland. Thanks for the nomination!
In order to accept the award, ya gotta do the following:
1. Acknowledge the person who nominated you.
The Craft Queen – Gabriella
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
I was raised on a farm in North Dakota.
I have visited 20 countries, and have a goal of 40 by 40 and 50 by 50 etc.
I roast my own coffee.
I wanted to be a chef from the ages of 10-18. I was sous chef for a day in my fiance’s brother’s restaurant in Taiwan during holiday break this year! It was amazing!
I brew my own beer, and love to share it with friends.
When I was 16 I was an exchange student in the Netherlands.
I enjoy binge watching television shows with my fiance.
NPR is the only preset radio station in my car.
I stayed in a sod house on the plains of North Dakota when I was in elementary school. I was picking dirt out of my ears for weeks!
I really want to build a kayak some day.
I built class C fireworks when I was in high school for a local company.
3. Answer 11 question given to you by the nominator.
1. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive) who would it be, and why?
I think sharing a meal with Amelia Earhart would be pretty neat.
2. If you could pick anyone to switch closets with, who would you pick?
Ellen DeGeneres. I love her style. She has a closet full of great bespoke suits, awesome shoes, and great casual wear.
3. What do you do to relax after a long, hectic day?
I like to enjoy a glass of wine and an episode of two of a TV show.
4. If you could pick a different name for yourself, what would it be?
I have never really thought about that. Hmmm…
5. What one destination is a must on your list of travel plans?
I really want to go to Thailand.
6. If you could work in any field (money and degrees required don’t matter), what would be your profession of choice?
I have to say that I am living the dream. In my twenties I worked in corporate America and law enforcement, and finally decided to pursue my dream of building furniture. It was the best thing I ever did!
7. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
Scooby Doo is pretty cool!
8. Can you speak more than one language? If so, which ones?
Dutch horribly. I am in the process of learning Mandarin, so I can communicate with my future in-laws. I am tone deaf, so it is a bit of a struggle!
9. Righty or lefty?
Righty. My mom and youngest brother are lefties, so I feel their pain.
10. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
To be able to speak every language. My fiance speaks five! She got her PhD. in her fifth language (English)…that’s a superpower in my mind.
1. Coffee or tea?
Coffee all the way. That being said, I drink tea everyday. My future mother in law’s boyfriend owns a tea plantation in Taiwan, so we have a pretty amazing collection.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
In no particular order, here they are!
5. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees.
1. Cats or dogs?
2. What is your favorite power tool?
3. What do you like to do for fun?
4. Who’s the one person that can always make you smile?
5. If you were to go on a picnic, what would your perfect picnic basket contain?
6. If your life were a movie, who would play you?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. What is your happy song?
9. Coffee or tea?
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is your dream vacation?
6. Notify the bloggers whom you have nominated.